Zoodles with Turkey Bolognese
the ultimate Guilt-free Comfort meal.
1lb Ground Turkey
1 Yellow Pepper
1 Pint of Cherry Tomato’s
12 ounces of Pre-spiralized Zucchini
Garlic & Onion Powder (option to use fresh)
Olive or Coconut Oil
1) Drizzle a little oil into your pan and turn on heat to medium.
2) Dice one whole yellow or orange pepper and sauté until it just begins to soften.
3) Add halved cherry tomatoes. Make sure your sauté never gets too dry by monitoring the heat or adding a splash of water if need be.
4) Once the tomatoes soften, add your ground turkey to the pan and begin breaking it up using a large wooden spoon or spatula. Continue to break up the turkey as it browns into small crumbles, mixing everything in the pan together as you begin to create a sauce-like texture. Make sure the turkey is broken down into very small bits to avoid bigger, dry chunks.
5) Once the turkey is brown and thoroughly mixed in with your sauté, bring down the heat to a simmer. Drizzle with olive oil and add your spices: Salt, Pepper, Garlic powder and Onion Powder. If your sauce looks dry, add a dash of water or sodium-free broth, cover with a lid and let it simmer for at least 5 minutes.
6) Remove pre-spiralized zoodles from their container and place on top of 2-3 paper towels. Place a few more sheets on top of the zoodles and gently press down with your hands to extract the excess water. This will keep the zoodles from getting too soggy.
7) Transfer the zoodles into a pan with a drizzle of olive oil. Add a little salt and pepper and cook the zoodles for around 3 minutes.
8) Plate your zoodles and cover with turkey Bolognese. Top with fresh basil or parmesan.