Sweet potato medallions with medium boiled egg and diced zucchinni
Eat this at anytime of the day for a minimal, heartwarming dish.
1 small Sweet Potato
Black sesame (optional)
1) Slice your sweet potato into medallions and either bake or boil them- whichever you prefer and whichever is most convenient. To boil them, simple place the desired amount of medallions into boiling water for around 10 minutes or until cooked through- you will be able to tell that they are ready if easily pierced with a fork.
2) If you choose to bake the potatoes, arrange the medallions on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for around 20 minutes at 350.
3) Fill a small pot with enough warm water to cover your egg by an inch. Turn the heat on high and once the water begins to boil, return heat to medium high. The minute the water starts boiling, set a timer for 4.5 minutes. Once your timer goes off, remove the egg and place into a bowl of cold water.
4) Dice 1/4 of a zucchini and throw into a small pan with a little olive oil, salt, pepper and any spices you wish to incorporate. On medium high heat, sauté the Zucchinni until it softens before removing it from the pan.
5) In a horizontal line, arrange your sweet potato medallions so that they are slightly overlapped. Drizzle with a little olive oil. Remove the shell from your egg and very carefully slice- this will be tricky if the egg is not cooked enough. Arrange the sliced egg on top of your sweet potato. Scatter the Zucchini around the dish before adding salt, pepper and black sesame if you have it!