Arugula salad with asparagus and poached egg
Simple, Healthy, Colorful.
4-5 cherry tomatoes
4-6 stalks of White Asparagus
½ clove Garlic
Salt & Pepper
Olive or Coconut Oil
1) Cut around 6 cherry tomatoes in two quarters and set aside.
2) Make a light dressing with olive oil, lemon, salt, pepper and a touch of honey and stir with a fork or wisk. Make just enough for one serving.
3) In a pan on medium low heat, add about a tablespoon of oil, ½ a clove of minced garlic.
4) Once the garlic starts to sizzle, add your asparagus to your pan. Cook for around 8 minutes- if you like them softer, you can cook them for longer. Set aside but keep the pan out for your fried egg.
5) In a bowl add arugula, tomatoes, dressing and mix. Feel free to add any other chopped veggies or herbs and spices.
6) In the same pan, turn the heat to medium-high and crack an egg into it. Cover with a lid for 3-4 minutes depending on how well you like it cooked.
7) Plate your arugula salad once mixed and top with asparagus
8) Add your egg and top it will salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.